B.A. (Economics and Political Science)
LL.B. - University of Delhi
LL.M. - University of Delhi
Treasurer of Supreme Court
Advocates-On-Record Association 2016-2018
Supreme Court of India (CC. No.1738)
Advocate-On-Record for the State Of Haryana
Enrolled in Bar Council of Delhi
He is an Advocate On Record in Supreme Court
Sanjay is having 20 years of experience as a litigator. Sanjay is also a qualified Advocate on Record (AOR) in the Supreme Court of India.
• Appeared in more than 2000 cases in Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, National Consumer Commission and several other forums at Delhi.
• Specially appointed as Advocate-On-Record for representing State of U.P. in a landmark case at Supreme court: Usha Bharti Vs. State of U.P. & Ors. in SLP (C) No. 22035/2013.
• Successfully represented in a Public Interest Litigation before the Supreme Court for cleaning River Ganga and prevention from further pollution.
• Empanelled as Advocate-on-Record by Hon’ble Supreme Court as Amicus Curie & also empanelled Advocate-on-Record by
Supreme Court Middle Income Group Legal Aid Society.
• Represented in several landmark judgments, reported at (2002) 7 SCC 543; 2017 (1) SCALE 73,;(2016) 6 SCC 105; (2016) 6 SCC 209; (2013)10 SCC 48 etc
• Sanjay has written, presented and published several paper including on:
“Adapting the Copyright Regime to Computer Software” Faculty of Law, Delhi University;
“Information Technology and Copyright Law: A Comparative Study”
“Law of Copyright: From Gutenberg’s Invention to Internet”
• Sanjay is a skilled mountaineer and a Biker-for-a-Cause. Sanjay has been recognized by ‘Certificate of Honour’ by the Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India for leading a bikers trips to Himalaya to campaign for ‘Save Glaciers & Water’ & ‘SAVE WATER’ campaign from Delhi- to Rohtang-Pass.
LL.M. Franklin Pierce (IP)
LLB - Delhi University
Graduate in Food Technology
Diploma in Labour Law
Diploma in IRPM
Registered Patent Agent
Trademark Office Practice Group of INTA
German Chamber of Commerce
Chair Committee - IR, Bombay Chamber of Commerce
IBA, Advisor to the Dean of Pierce Law, USA
Mahua Roy Chowdhury is the Founder & Principle of Royzz & Co and having more than 20 years of experience. She started her career as a litigator at the Delhi High Court and the Supreme Court of India and has initiated several landmark Public Interest Litigations against Indian Army, Delhi Police and Delhi Municipal Commission. She also represented the Faculty of Law, Delhi University before the High Court.
Mahua has successfully litigated matters related to Contractual dispute, Service Laws, Decision of Government Authorities, Information Technology, Extradition, Intellectual Property including Copyright, Patents and Trademark infringement in various courts in India.
Despite being a litigator, Mahua strongly believes in resolving disputes and adopting litigation as a last resort. She has also resolved several complex software infringement related disputes, contractual disputes (joint venture, licensing, media content creation) trademark and copyright infringement disputes.
She also has hands-on experience in Anti-counterfeiting actions and has coordinated more than 450 IP enforcement raids all over India with the help of Police and Investigation agencies. She has drafted and executed more than 200 patents.
She represents many Indian and International clients, premier engineering Institutes and Universities. She has also been part of many cross border licensing and technology transfer agreements and resolved several disputes.
Chartered Accountant (CPA)
Bachelors In Commerce
Rakesh is an India Entry Specialist. He has provided support to more then 100 International Companies from Countries like USA, UK , Spain , Australia ,NZ , Korea, Japan and many other countries
Rakesh has worked extensively on the various types of Valuation of Companies under various methods for various business acquisition. Providing Tax Consultancy to International companies in various matter of Indirect & Direct Taxation and its implication on the client product in Indian market. Rakesh advises on:
• STRUCTURING-ADVISORY ON LIASON/BRANCH/SUBSIDIARIY OFFICE
• TAXATION ADVISORY
• FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT
• DUE DILIGENCE
• REGULATORY LICENSING LIKE FIPB, RBI
• OPERTAING LICENSES- Central & State Government Licencing
• INCORPORATION- Branch Office/Liaison office/ Project Office
• TRANSFER PRICING STUDY & COMPLIANCE
• DUTY DRAWBACK
Provided support to more then 100 International Companies from Countries like USA, UK , Spain , Australia , NZ , Korea, Japan and many other countries.
M.Tech in Biotechnology;
Undergoing LL.B. (Mumbai University)
Anindita is a Registered Patent Agent and a Patent Prosecution Specialist. She has more than 10 years of experience in this domain. Anindita was a core team member of Patent Practice team in S&ROY before it was re-structured to ROYZZ & CO. She has also worked with United Phosphorous Limited, a leading pharma company.
She has an extensive experience in Patent Prosecution including responding to Office actions, with a consistent track record of successfully representing clients in patent hearings and securing Grant of Patents.
Her expertise include:
• Patent Drafting
• Patent Prosecution;
• Responding to Office Action;
• Attending hearings at Patent Office and other forums;
• Advising on Design Registration and prosecution of the same;
• Bio-technology, Chemistry, Earth & mechanical
LL.B. Mumbai University
Mr. Shah is also a registered Patent agent at the Indian Patent Office
Dhaval has more than 16 years of experience in real estate, commercial transactions and litigations. At ROYZZ & CO Dhaval heads Real Estate & Infrastructure Practice Group.
He has worked previously in leading law firms and his experience include:
• Advisory & Dispute related to Real Estate;
• Asset Transfer
• Civil Litigation
• Real Estate Dispute
LL.B. Mumbai University;
B.E. Electronics & Telecommunication;
Company Secretarial - Final
Audip has been part of substantial journey of ROYZZ & CO. He is now an Associate Partner of the firm.
At ROYZZ & CO, he has had diverse experience in wide nuances of technology and commercial laws. He is a core member of our IT & TMT practice and has
assisted the firm (erstwhile S&Roy) in resolving several software infringement disputes.
His expertise in commercial law spans from:
• Advising and structuring acquisition deals;
• Share holders agreement;
• International technology transactions;
• Commercial transactions: joint technology developments; technology transfer; patent assignments and licensing; media and broadcasting agreements;
brand endorsement agreement; software development and distribution agreement and contractual disputes.
• Share purchase agreements;
• Arm length pricing issues;
• Commercial Arbitration.
MIP (Franklin Pierce, USA)
Samendra is an Engineer in Mechanical domain and at ROYZZ & CO, he heads our Patent Practice team. Samendra also leads our presence in the city of Pune. Samendra has extensive experience in drafting and filing almost 100 patent applications. He has prosecuted over 50 patent application successfully.
He also assists the firm in drafting responses to Office Action for various jurisdictions like India, US, EP and Australia. He is also actively involved in preparing technical opinion for infringement analysis and drafting of opposition and revocation application for patents.
His prior experience in the core industry as provided him with strong technical skills. He has undertaken externship in a leading New York based law firm, post his qualification in USA. At ROYZZ & Co., he advices, files and prosecute design application at the Indian Patent Office. Samendra also helps clients in maintaining their IP Portfolio Globally.
His expertise includes:
• Drafting and filing patents;
• Finalising Prior Art Search Report;
• Responding to Office Actions including initial draft for USPTO, EPO, APO;
• Skilled in White Space Analysis;
• Electrical, Electronics, Software and Mechanical.