Sanjay has 20 years of experience as a litigator. He is also qualified Advocate-on Record (AOR) in the Supreme Court of India.
He has appeared in more than 2000 cases in The Supreme Court of India, Delhi High Court, National Consumer Commission and several other forums at Delhi.
Specially appointed as the Advocate-on-Record for representing the state of U.P in a landmark case at Supreme Court; Usha Bharti vs. State of U.P. & Ors. in SLP (C) No.22035/2013.
Furthermore, his achievements include:
- Successfully represented in Public Interest Litigation before the Supreme Court for cleaning River Ganga and preventing further pollution.
- Empanelled as Advocate-on-Record by Hon’ble Supreme Court as Amicus Curiae & also empanelled Advocate-on-Record by Supreme Court Middle Income Group Legal Aid Society.
- Represented inseveral landmark judgments, reported at (2002) 7 SCC 543; 2017 (1) SCALE 73; (2016) 6 SCC 105; (2016) 6 SCC 209; (2013) 10 SCC 48 etc.
Sanjay has written, presented and published several papers including:
- Adapting the Copyright Regime to Computer Software, Faculty of Law, Delhi University;
- Information Technology and Copyright Law: A Comparative Study;
- Law of Copyright: From Gutenberg’s Invention to Internet.
- LLM (IP & IT) – Delhi University
- Advocate-on-Record, Supreme Court