Mr. Suresh Balakrishnan has extensive experience while working exclusively in the insurance, reinsurance and risk management industry for 25 years in India.
He has done pioneering work in the following aspects:
- First ‘Liability Insurance’ for a technology company in 1999 in India;
- First ‘Directors and Officers Liability Insurance’ (D&O) Policy in Sri Lanka;
- First ‘Cyber Security’ Policy for a technology company in 2008;
- One of the first ‘Cyber Security’ Policy for a bank in 2014;
- Managed the largest Public Offering of Securities Insurance (POSI) in 2007-08 in India for a limit of USD 200,000,000;
- Structure of technology companies to stabilize and manage risk;
- Cyber Security tool for insurer and insureds benchmarked against global standards;
- Health Insurance Forensic tool, a unique tool in India;
- Risk Management and Insurance Programme for HDFC Bank since 1996;
- Recently partnered by Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS), the only partners for PLUS across the world for the event for Liability Insurance under the Bima Gyaan Series.
Suresh, being a protagonist in this domain, propagates setting up of an ADR under one of the arbitration councils dedicated to insurance to resolve insurance disputes expeditiously.
- ICWA (inter)